Develops domestic and global proposal budget and text documents for strategic and complex proposals and/or rebids. Assists in the supervision and quality control (QC) of the proposal development process and delivery. Mentors and/or trains less experienced staff members. This individual will be expected to interact with staff and clients and will exercise judgment in all communication. Additional responsibilities include participation in the development and implementation of effective practices, procedures, and reporting. General knowledge of the activities associated with clinical research is required, including project management, study initiation, clinical monitoring, regulatory affairs, etc. Additionally, this person will support the development of key KPI/ROI metrics used as a reporting mechanism for management oversight.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead response to proposal (RFP/RFQ) and budget development
- Works closely with the Business Development team in conducting project kickoff and proposal strategy meetings.
- Liaise with operational department heads and ensures appropriate Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) are assigned to and aware of the RFP during proposal development to ensure incorporation of the project plan and study strategy.
- Review RFP information to ensure that it has adequate information for budget preparation and follow up with appropriate team members for additional information, as needed.
- Develops and maintains templates required for new proposal and budget needs.
- Manage proposal calendar and set clear expectations for delivery of the proposal for the assigned proposal response team.
- Performs QC of proposal and budget; allows time for Executive and Director approval of final product.
- Responsible for coordinating the execution of Contracts, Master Services Agreements, and Task Orders/Scope of Work with MedSource contracts and Director.
- Supports business growth through the generation of innovative processes, strategic thinking, effective priority setting, a culture of continuous improvement, waste elimination, and increased customer satisfaction.
- Works with Contracts, Finance and Operations to facilitate business continuity (i.e. align with company policies and values, problem-solving against market concerns, resourcing issues, etc.).
- Mentors and/or trains less experienced staff members, including oversight, and guidance over work of assigned junior staff. May participate in performance management of junior staff.
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of Company services and other aspects on which this position provides proposal writing support. This may entail attending meetings.
- Keeps informed of changes in services or process that may result in inaccurate or outdated proposal documents. Takes action as appropriate.
- Participate in client meeting preparations, as needed, to support Business Development.
- Sponsor and vendor communication.
- Communicates impact of significant proposal changes and associated budgets to executive leadership and other stakeholders proactively.
- Participates in special projects as needed in support of the company.
- Maintain confidentiality of financial and internal information.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as requested.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors’ degree (BS, BA, RN) in a science-related or accounting field preferred.
- 4-6 years experience in proposal and budget development.
- Knowledge of the CRO industry and trends.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Good computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to work individually and as part of a project team, meet deadlines & take instruction from multiple individuals
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organizational skills
- Good interpersonal and listening skills
- Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines
- Experience with ICH/GCP documentation and process preferred
- Ability to assess, coordinate, and organize/reorganize workload of multiple projects in accordance with project/assignments and timelines with focus on execution
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Verification of educational requirements, employment history, professional references, and certifications/training
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- No or very limited physical effort required
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk