The Marketing Manager manages the day to day marketing activities of the organization and develops and implements marketing plans that support the long-term marketing strategy of the company. The Marketing Manager works with various team members across the organization to align internal and external marketing efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all marketing activities within the MedSource marketing functional area.
- Act as a central point of contact within the organization for MedSource marketing and promotional events.
- Develop marketing plans and assist leadership with developing marketing strategies for the company in line with company objectives.
- Creation and publication of all marketing material in line with marketing plans.
- Planning, organizing and implementing marketing programs, campaigns, and initiatives including:
- Creation and execution of online or print advertising, email marketing, webinars, and other promotional and lead generation campaigns
- Organization of events, conference exhibits and sponsorships, and
- Manage social media accounts, posts, and social media campaigns
- Organize and publish press releases, editorials, and other media interactions as needed
- Coordinate SEO and SEM campaigns including keyword research, implementation of SEO strategies, and collaboration with outside agencies as needed
- Developing opportunities for scientific presentations/podiums/abstracts
- Manage the internal marketing efforts for MedSource including the company newsletter and Employee Rewards and Recognition Program items (Points program, anniversaries)
- Coordinate marketing campaigns with sales team activities.
- Create a wide range of different marketing materials and content consistent with brand messaging and style guidelines to be used across multiple channels:
- Design creative pieces and marketing graphics using graphic design tools (i.e. advertisements, emails, brochures, templates, etc.)
- Create and publish press releases
- Creation of content within web content management systems and social platform accounts (new content, news, events, resources, etc.)
- Update corporate collateral as needed (letterhead, slide decks, etc.)
- Coordinate with the sales team on conference exhibits and sponsorships including:
- Planning and organizing shipping and return of exhibit booth and marketing materials with event personnel and onsite MedSource teams
- Schedule necessary items with conference agencies and vendors as needed
- Communicate with onsite team members to update social media channels
- Monitor, measure, and report on effectiveness of marketing communications and campaigns to evaluate campaign success.
- Collect and manage all marketing metrics and key performance indicators such as awareness, engagement, and conversion
- Oversee the assigned marketing budget monitoring expenses for all marketing projects. Assist in creation of annual budget and forecasting as needed.
- Assist Sr. Director and leadership team with new product launches and associated messaging.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Collaborate with selected marketing, advertising, and design agencies and vendors, and communicate with media outlets and customers as needed.
- Manage the inventory of marketing materials and collateral (giveaways, event booth items) which includes ordering new items when needed
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities above.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in marketing leadership or marketing department management role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Strong project management skills with ability to proactively manage assigned responsibilities according to company needs and schedules
- Creative personality with ability to think outside of the box
- Analytical skills with ability to set measurable goals and analyze outcomes to make informed decisions; experience with web and social analytics such as website Google analytics and social analytics (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
- Self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively across multi-level, cross-functional teams to achieve goals and objectives
- Proficient in graphic design tools such as Adobe Create Suite tools, Microsoft Publisher, etc.
- Working knowledge of sales and marketing applications and systems such as CRM (i.e. Salesforce, etc.) and CMS (i.e. WordPress, etc.) and preferably a working knowledge of marketing and social automation applications (i.e. Hubspot, Marketo, Sharpspring, Sprout, etc.).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Professional demeanor and appearance and ability to manage/disseminate information in confidential manner when needed
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Verification of educational requirements, employment history, professional references, and certifications/training.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Less than 5% travel may be required for company meetings and assistance with MedSource events
We are committed to diversity in the workplace and are an equal opportunity employer.