The Marketing Manager manages the day to day marketing activities of the organization and develops and implements marketing plans that support the short and long term marketing strategy of the company. The Senior Marketing Manager works with various team members across the organization to align internal and external marketing efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all marketing activities within the MedSource marketing functional area.
- Act as a central point of contact within the organization for MedSource marketing activities, campaigns, press releases, and promotional events.
- Develop marketing plans and assist leadership with developing marketing strategies for the company in line with company objectives.
- Creation and publication of all marketing material in line with marketing plans.
- Planning, organizing and implementing marketing programs, campaigns, and initiatives including:
- Creation and execution of online or print advertising, email marketing, webinars, and other promotional and lead generation campaigns
- Organization of events, conference exhibits and sponsorships, and
- Manage social media accounts with consistent posts and social media campaigns
- Organize and publish press releases, editorials, and other media interactions as needed under the director of the Sr. Director
- Coordinate SEO and SEM campaigns including keyword research, implementation of SEO strategies, and collaboration with outside agencies as needed
- Developing opportunities for scientific presentations/podiums/abstracts
- Maintain content with consistent updates to the MedSource website
- Manage the internal marketing efforts for MedSource including the company newsletter and Employee Rewards and Recognition Program items (Points program, anniversaries)
- Coordinate marketing campaigns with sales team activities.
- Create a wide range of different marketing materials and content consistent with brand messaging and style guidelines to be used across multiple channels:
- Design creative pieces and marketing graphics using graphic design tools (i.e. advertisements, emails, brochures, templates, etc.)
- Create and publish press releases
- Creation of content within web content management systems and social platform accounts (new content, news, events, resources, etc.)
- Update corporate collateral as needed (letterhead, slide decks, etc.)
- Coordinate with the sales team on conference exhibits and sponsorships including:
- Planning and organizing shipping and return of exhibit booth and marketing materials with event personnel and onsite MedSource teams
- Schedule necessary items with conference agencies and vendors as needed
- Communicate with onsite team members to update social media channels
- Monitor, measure, and report on effectiveness of marketing communications and campaigns to evaluate campaign success.
- Collect and manage all marketing metrics and key performance indicators such as awareness, engagement, and conversion
- Oversee the assigned marketing budget monitoring expenses for all marketing projects. Assist in creation of annual budget and forecasting as needed.
- Assist Sr. Director and leadership team with new product launches and associated messaging.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Collaborate with selected marketing, advertising, and design agencies and vendors, and communicate with media outlets and customers as needed.
- Manage the inventory of marketing materials and collateral (giveaways, event booth items) which includes ordering new items when needed
The above job description in no way states or implies these duties are the only duties performed by this employee. The incumbent is expected to perform other related duties necessary for the effective operation of the department and company.
The Company reserves the right to change or alter any of the above duties and responsibilities according to the operational needs of the department and Company.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities above.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in marketing leadership or marketing department management role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Strong project management skills with ability to proactively manage assigned responsibilities according to company needs and schedules
- Creative personality with ability to think outside of the box
- Analytical skills with ability to set measurable goals and analyze outcomes to make informed decisions; experience with web and social analytics such as website Google analytics and social analytics (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
- Self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively across multi-level, cross-functional teams to achieve goals and objectives
- Proficient in graphic design tools such as Adobe Create Suite tools, Microsoft Publisher, etc.
- Working knowledge of sales and marketing applications and systems such as CRM (i.e. Salesforce, etc.) and CMS (i.e. WordPress, etc.) and preferably a working knowledge of marketing and social automation applications (i.e. Hubspot, Marketo, Sharpspring, Sprout, etc.).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Professional demeanor and appearance and ability to manage/disseminate information in confidential manner when needed
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Verification of educational requirements, employment history, professional references, and certifications/training.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Less than 25% travel may be required for company meetings and assistance with MedSource events
We are committed to diversity in the workplace and are an equal opportunity employer.